Monday, August 23, 2010

Fog and me - or - My Morning and God

Fog clouds the road, lazily shifting aside as a car wends it way through. Monochromatic sky and hidden trees greet me as I look out onto my world.
I feel as if I'm in a haze too.
That I have just enough energy to move slowly.
That I will have to work hard to pierce the fog around me.
Yet, just as the sun burns through the fog to reveal a beautiful world, so will it be with me.
I will get up and pack my bags.
I will drive to school and sit through class.
I will smile at my friends and give hugs all around.
I will rejoice in the fact that my God has given me today, and that I can make today worth living.
And guess what?
I will see Ellie.
It reminds me that she is leaving...that I will see her off right when we were really getting to know each other. That thought makes my stomach knot.
It also makes me sit in awe and want to jump around the room for joy. She is amazing. Truly.
God has blessed with my friends, and she is one of my newer ones. Thank you God!
Being able to hold her, and talk with her, and give her her goodbye present will be an amazing end to what I'm sure will be an amazing day--if I let God lead me through it.
What was the start of your day like?
What was your first thought this morning?
What was your first verse in your Bible Study?
For me, I thought about school and not wanting to get up. Then I thought "I want to give God every part of my day." I could have just skipped out on my quiet time until later. But I chose not to. I am now at peace, where in reality I could and should be stressed (based on my personality).
He is amazing with the peace-giving.
Are you at peace today?
If not, read your Bible.
Pray to the Lord.
He will listen, and He will answer.
All you need to do is trust Him.

Be Well My Friends!
Love,
-Rae

1 Chronicles 29:11-12 (TLB)
"Everything in the heavens and earth if yours, o Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from you alone, and you are Ruler of mankind; your hand controls power and might, and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks