Monday, August 30, 2010

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another...

Ok. So, for those of you who read my earlier post ("You can't be serious....No Freakin' way!"), I told you all that I was going to see the doctor this afternoon. Well, I did. And it wasn't the best news.

It seems that one of the main reasons for my digestive issues (inability to tolerate solids or liquids in my stomach, little water-reclamation in digestive tract, etc. etc.) was because I have a kidney infection.
When my doctor was looking at my most recent blood panel, his forehead creased and his eyes widened. "How...how did you get such bad results?!" he said, staring at the deceptively harmless looking numbers and graphs on his screen. It turns out that right now I am far sicker than I have ever been before.


But, to complicate my Syncope, Fibro, and Kidney infection, I have a SEVERE vitamin D deficiency, low progesterone (hormone), and low calcium. My gall bladder still isn't working, and my liver is beginning to malfunction due to all my body's problems, high blood toxicity, and lack of needed chemicals, hormones, minerals, and nutrients.

He was so disturbed at the devastating difference in my blood panels that he ordered another one this week free of charge. He also now has me on an antibiotic for the kidney infection, and some medicine for the nausea.

As of right now, I am unable to eat anything, and if things progress as they did on saturday, I may not be able to drink much if anything either. So, another ER visit might be on the horizon to put me on a saline drip and anti-nausea medications while my body is fighting off this infection. I'm just praying we don't have to go that route.


So, here I am, sitting at home again, just wondering why I have so many things wrong with me at once. I'm just lucky it wasn't celiac disease or one of the many other chronic diseases, which were on their list of possibilities before the doctor realized that I was tender in my back, right where my left kidney was located. I don't want to have to add another chronic condition to the ones I already have.
I'll be seeing Dr. Fetters again in 10 days to look over the next blood panel, see how I'm doing with my infection, and then work on getting my body's calcium, progesterone, and Vitamin D up. He also want to know what my real cortisol level is, because the infection is causing it to jack around.....making things worse :P
Ugh.
If it's not one thing, it's another.

So, prayers would be lovely.
BUT!
I'm still smiling.
I'm still joyful (which is different than happy. You can choose joy =D).
I have many loving family and friends.
I have a doctor who is working on fixing me.
And I have an Everlasting Savior who has shown me His love in more ways than one.
So, I guess you could say life is good. *happy shrug*

Be Well!
-Rae

PS: Yesterday, in the ER, I was cracking many, many Monty Python jokes and one-liners. I've not seen my mum laugh so much in the ER as she did then. It. Was. Awesome.
Ba-dum-cha! *laugh*

2 comments:

Newsie said...

Hey okay so I know this is late but I saw this somewhere on facebook. How are things going now? I'm praying for you darling!-Sha

Rae Hitchings said...

Things are still going pretty badly. I'm still just on fluids, as eating really hurts. My Kidney infection cleared up, but canceled out most of what little progress we had made in treatments over the summer. My liver is malfunctioning, my gall bladder still doesn't work, I have high mineral toxicity, chemical, fluid, mineral and vitamin imablances and deficiencies, and I'm waiting to get the results back from a neurological examination and spinal ultrasound.

Tomorrow (Wendesday) I start what will be weekly, if not twice weekly IV drip therapy infusions. And if those don't work, we're going to be looking aqt out of state clinics and possible hospitalization.
*sigh*
Yeah.
I know.
It's a lot.
I'm barely able to walk right now. Or sleep. but I'm exhausted. >.0
Still. Through sheer willpower, stubbornness, and God given strength I'm making it, although the doctor's don't have any medical reason why I should even be conscious haha Thank heaven's for narcotics for overwhelming pain, no?

Thank you for your prayers! I really appreciate them!!!

-Rae

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks