Sunday, August 22, 2010

Persevering Through Trials

Hello my peoples!!!
So, I haven't had enough time to get the next few days of my journal typed up and in the computer. So that will have to wait another day or so. But what I can share is that God has definitely been working in my life. Through my quiet times, hours of listening to worship music, watching uplifting movies and encouraging others, I have found that my life, no matter how hard things are physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, etc..., is all taken care of. God has a plan and will never, ever ever let me down.


Looking over some J.C. Ryle quotes, I found this excerpt from his book "Old Paths". It reads:
"Persevering Through Trials
Would you have perfect peace in life? Then lay hold on this doctrine of perseverance. Your trials may be many and great. Your cross may be very heavy. But the business of your soul is all conducted according to an “everlasting covenant, ordered in all things and sure.” (2 Sam. 23:5.) All things are working together for your good. Your sorrows are only purifying your soul for glory. Your bereavements are only fashioning you as a polished stone for the temple above, made without hands. From whatever quarter the storms blow, they only drive you nearer to heaven. Whatever weather you may go through it is only ripening you for the garner of God. Your best things are quite safe. Come what will, you shall “never perish.”"
Amazing, huh?
I made a comment in my journal a couple weeks ago (that will be posted with the continuance of "A Week In My Life"), that I am happy I have been put through these years of trials. There has never been a time in my life where I have had as many ups and downs as this one. I have never been faught for so hard by the devil or Lord as I have this past year. And I have never had the peace that I've experienced over the past few months.

What trials are you currently facing? Do you have a broken family, or family relationships? Do you have health problems? Do you have commitment issues? Have you fallen short and thought you have nothing left to offer?
No matter what, the Lord wants to use you. In everything, God CAN use you. There are moments of near magic, when you choose to follow God in spite of it all, and they stick with you for the rest of your life.
Don't let life steal your joy. Don't let this world drag you from your loving Creator who wants to hold you in His arms and lay your head on His shoulder. Don't give up right when your fingers reach the top ledge, because even if you are exhausted, the Lord will give you that extra boost to the top
If you do, you will miss out on completion, accomplishment, and reaching your goal. You will miss out on the battles. You will miss out on the rewards. You will never get told you were a "good and faithful servant" by the King of Kings.
So which will you choose? Will you choose to persevere, avoiding falling into the ditch by the wayside and instead collapsing in GOD'S loving arms when you can no long walk yourself? Will you give Him the glory? Will you give Him your heart? He deserves all you have to give because He is your maker, and He gave YOU His best.
What will you give him in return?

Be Well!
-Rae

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks