Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blessings and Gratitude

Hello Muselings!
So, I have a question. How many of you consciously try to "Count your blessings?"
Hmmm?
Do you try to find out what went "right" in your day? What God's given you? What you're thankful for? A few friends and I keep gratitude journals, writing down something to be grateful for every day. Now, I must confess that I haven't been doing so as of late, but I have been doing it more verbally. I'm hoping it all evens out :P
But the point is to help keep you focused on the positive things in your life.

You see, when you think positively, you are more productive, you are happier, and you encourage people with your mere presence. But when you think negatively, you are less productive, unhappy, and act as a wet blanket of doom in and on everything.
Which sounds better to you?
I'll to with the positive one, thankyouverymuch.

I personally would have not made it this far if I hadn't 1) Given me cares to God, 2) chosen to be happy and 3) chosen to be positive inside and out.
Being positive has allowed me to write this blog so that, at the end of posts recounting "bad" days and news, I can point out What God has done in my life. It allows me to see the silver lining in a situation...to be as I was meant to be--an encouragement. That doesn't always happen, mind you. But without a positive attitude about life, love, and living with and through both, there would be mostly "Doom and Gloom". I don't want that. You don't want that.

So, today, grab a piece of paper - a post-it-note even - and write 3 to 5 things that you are grateful for today. Then, compliment somebody, and at the end of the day, ask yourself if you were a blessing to others, instead of a curse. Because if you were a blessing, your name could be on someone else's gratitude list.
Congratulations!
You just impacted your world for good. =)


Be Well!
-Rae <3

          My Gratitude list:
  1. It rained yesterday
  2. It's a beautiful, cloudy day
  3. Even though I couldn't go to church today, I can get the sermon online
  4. A friend of mine is getting baptized today
  5. I have friends who missed me today
  6. I have people I can say "I love you" to
  7. My brother Matt gives me hugs now ^_^
  8. Showers
  9. Warm blankets
  10. Music boxes
  11. Watercolors
  12. Family

6 comments:

Courtney Marie said...

so right Rachel :) The church we went to today was Castleview and the pastor talked all about thankfulness. It is such a reminder to dwell on the fact we have grace and mercy from Christ than on the "little" things that only give negative thoughts.

Rae Hitchings said...

Yup!
An "Attitude of Gratitude" :P
I should add onto the things I'm grateful for "Courtney adjusting her schedule for me" =)

Calandreya said...

1. I'm grateful to have my husband. He is definitely a blessing in my life, in many many ways.

2. I'm grateful to have two healthy children and grandchildren, and a mostly healthy daughter-in-law.

3. I'm grateful to be here, alive, at this time in history.

4. I'm grateful I have food poisoning from an egg rather than the influenza I feared.

5. I'm grateful to have found new friends and inspiration from blogging.

carlinuxlearner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carlinuxlearner said...

"grab a piece of paper"
Paper? How quaint... I'll use EverNote on my iPhone. ;)

Rae Hitchings said...

What a techno geek XD

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks