Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blogging and More Blogging - The Next Chapter

Well, it seems that I will be posting a fair amount these days.
And here is why.
One: My doctor gave me a sleep aid and had me double up on my narcotic, which I take every four hours. It's helped dull some of the pain...but amazingly enough, the hundreds of milligrams of pain killers still don't eliminate all of the pain. *sigh* I'm "surviving" though. Your prayers are still very much needed, and I will accept any and all you can give. Especially for my neurological test on Tuesday, and my IV therapy on Wednesday.


Two: I decided that in order to keep me regularly in the Word (especially with an unstable schedule, health, etc...), I needed some kind of accountability. So, sometime this week, I will be putting up a new blog with a daily devotion. I will be drawing mainly from Evangelist E. Stanley Jones's 1942 devotional "Abundant Living" to start with, but will be substituting with many other thoughts from theologians, other devotionals, extra bible verses, and my own thoughts. Hopefully this will enrich your life as well as mine, and reach others for Christ.

I feel like God is calling me to do this, to step up to the next level as a blogger. I can't volunteer at places like Wheeler Mission, or the Equine rehab stable down the road from me. I can't go through the training for the Suicide Prevention Hotline right now. But I CAN type up my thoughts on what God is teaching me, and that He also wants to teach you. It will give me an excuse to get my brilliant friends to do guest devos, and might even be a resource for The Rock Bible Study at IUPUI and my church, Eagle Creek Community Church. That said, I think it will be beneficial and helpful in many ways.

I must apologize for how self centered I've been. I've been worrying, I've been "complaining"...but I should really just glory in the grace and mercy and kindness of my Savior, who makes my burdens light, and carries me on his back through the valley. May I never forget His face or His voice, so that I may never falter, trying to decide who's voice it is that I hear calling me.
"The Lord is My Shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures." Now, my sheets are red, and my room is an off white. But metaphorically speaking, he has given me green pastures. Sure, every land has to endure its tornadoes, thunderstorms, locusts, battles, etc....but the land will remain. And I will remain in that land, especially with My  Lord at my side.

So!
End your day with a look at one verse in the Bible. Just ONE verse. Even if you don't believe in God, or even own a bible, to to biblegateway.com and check out John 3:16 - "For God SO loved the world..."
Then, tell someone that you SO love them. It will brighten their day, and in turn, brighten yours.
May the peace of our God go with you, and may He bless this endeavor I am embarking upon. May I have the strength to see it through to completion.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for things I should add to my devo blog, other than daily verses, devotionals, prayers, and quotes, let me know! I'd be happy to hear from you!

Be Well, and Be at Peace!
-Rae

3 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

I try to blog regularly. It's been working for around two months now. But with bar examinations, it's been really difficult. Good luck though! :-)

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Calandreya said...

That verse was the one chosen for me by my minister after completing chatechism. I know it's commonly chosen, but still - a nice coincidence. I wish you well with your future blog and, for what my opinion is worth, I think it's an excellent idea.

Robin

Rae Hitchings said...

Well, FC, it's definitely going to be a challenge to blog everyday, but I think, in this case, especially since I do daily devotions anyway, it will be doable. I just need to set my mind to it and MAKE time. :P

Robin, you opinion is definitely worth something. It's nice to have a loyal reader like you too! *smile*
Thank you!
I'm glad you think it's a good idea.

-Rae

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks