Friday, September 17, 2010

Coding, Drinking, and Dying. And Did anyone say "Letters"?

Well, today has been a mixed feelings kind of day.
I couldn't get to sleep until almost 6:00 this morning ( almost said last night =P), so I spent the majority of that time working on the devo website. It doesn't take THAT much concentration to copy and paste, you know? And school, well, lets just say I tried, and I fizzled out. Bombed. Went kablooey. Poofed. "Either way. It'll work" (Princess Bride anyone?...man. I want to see that movie with a bunch of girlfriends now. Slumber party!)
Ahem. *announcers voice* "And so Rae tramped slowly but surely back from the baby rabbit trail she had been following to the slightly more obvious deer trail that might eventually lead to a people trail that then might back some sense"
.....
Yeeeeah. This is me NOT high on pain killers right now. Kind of funny how they're pretty much the same. XD
Anyhoo.

School work didn't quite work out.
So I went back to coding. I reverted back to blogger and a different but still pretty cool BG template. It's going to turn out nicely, me thinks.
I ALSO got an AMAZING letter from Casey. She even drew of a picture of me wearing a cape, telling a bunny (in a french accent) "Prepare to die" after she told me "It was the bunny's fault!". Yeah. There are a  few different stories behind that one. But let me just say that it made me laugh. A lot. :) The 3 page letter was very nice too!!!! That made me laugh also. And smile. And go "Awe". I LOVE LETTERS! AHHH!!! *contented smile* They're amazing.

So, those things are why it was a "good day" Mainly the letter, actually. But still.
Don't be fooled.
The bad stuff cometh.

Now, for the past 6 or so years, I have gone to the Indy Irish Fest that is held in Military Park downtown. Sometimes even two days in a row. It's a tradition in my family now. And it's amazing. The music, the food, the people. It's loads of fun. But this year, I can't go. I would be there right now, actually, with my mum and brother and sister. But nooo. I'm too sick. It helps convince me that I shouldn't and couldn't go, when I have to hold on to the railing or the wall to walk anywhere. But still. It sucks mightily.

So here I am, sitting in the big, brown, oversized, comfy leather chair downstairs, listening to my dad and littlest brother watch the old Mission Impossible TV show, and drinking my Adina Holistics Herbal Elixer. That's right. The "Drink No Evil" brand. Serious mojo. I think this one is....*looks at bottle* Yeah. Pomegranate Acai with Yumberry and extracts of Gotu Kola, Ginseng, Astragalus Root, White Tea, Tulsi Leaf and Eleuthero Root. It tastes good. It's organic. It's an Ayurvedic tonic. And I can stomach it without feeling like I'm dying. That's a good thing.

So, all things considered, I'm good.
I'm in withdrawal from all things Irish...and food. But I'm still good...I guess.
Oh! I didn't' tell you! I tried eating again yesterday. And Tuesday. Both days=death by chicken broth and tasty but menacing soft potatoes. Most people would find the taste, smell, and look of the food I ate very appetizing. Dad even asked "What's that savory smell?" (He had my mum cook chicken Tuesday night because of it XD) And even I, with smell triggered nausea, thought it smelled good. So I tried some. It was ok for the first few bites. I was like "YEAH!". And then it hit me.
It must have been ninja broth, trained in the art of delayed stealth organ attack.
And you know what?
I WAS RIGHT!!!!!
You know what I have to say to that?!
Crap.
Actually, when I was curled up on my floor in a ball (literally), moaning in agony, I couldn't really say anything. But I definitely thought some things. MANY things. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

The point of all this?
I. HATE. FOOD.
At least for now. Once I'm actually able to eat, then food will be my constant companion for some time. =) But for now I'll keep dropping weight every week, desperately trying to stay hydrated, and bolstering my happiness level to endure another week of not eating. Did I mention that today marks the 4 week anniversary of not eating? Yes. That's right. One month.
*sigh*
Joy.

Anyway!
I'm going to go and try to work on my Latin and maybe take one of my overdue quizzes for Health class. Then I'll go back to the devo site.
And if any of you want to make my day, make me smile, laugh, cry, and/or be all around happy, send me a letter. :) Comics and doodles are encouraged. *chuckle*

Peace!
-Rae

5 comments:

Casey Elizabeth Ruble said...

teehee I'm glad you liked it! I will most definitely be sending you more with my stick figure comics attached. :) Love you dear!!!

Eleanor Roscuro said...

Sorry you couldn't go to the festival. But I'd like to be a penpal, if that's alright! Shall I email you my address?

Rae Hitchings said...

That would be amazing! My email is on my profile, or you can do it through the "contact me" page. It goes directly to my email :P
Awesomeness. ^_^

Fickle Cattle said...

I love getting letters too. Nothing like it. :-) I hope you get better soon.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Rae Hitchings said...

Letters are SO much more personal than email, messaging etc...
And thank you. I'm hoping I'll get better...some of my conditions are chronic, so we'll just have to see whether the doctors can get them under control enough for me to lead a normal life :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks