Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It All Comes Down To Love

A friend of mine said a few days ago that "I love how life is so simple, yet so few people truly understand it. Love God. Love people. That's it."

We so often make life such a complicated thing, just trying to hold on for dear life. And yes. Life can throw us curveballs, hand up 18 credit hour semesters, give and take friends away, and give us situations which we are unused to dealing with. But that doesn't mean we have to let it overcome us, or control us.

1 John 4:16 says "God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him" (HCSB)
That true love comes first, when we accept Christ, and then, when we come to Him daily in prayer and reading, wanting and praying and asking for him to fill us.God IS Love. How much simpler can you get?


I know right now that I am struggling with getting schedules set for school, my job of tutoring, outings with friends (my escape often :P), and my many doctor's appointments. I have lots of things on my plate right now, but I really have been encouraged by the knowledge that no matter what, no matter when, no matter where, my God, my Love, is not only by my side, but within me. Jesus said "And the greatest of these is love". So Love.

Share a smile, a hug, and/or a nice conversation with someone. Show God's love to them. Let them see the joy He has placed within you. You never know. It might be the only happiness they see all day.
And if you're like me, the more you give, the more you get. Not necessarily physically, mind you. But the more love and friendship I pour into people, the more then get back. The more I do for people, the happier I am. The more I encourage people in the lord, the more encouraged and grounded I become. Victor Hugo wrote "To love another person is to see the face of God".
THAT is true happiness.
Love.

I have an amazing story to share with you all before I sign off. A couple weeks ago, when I was first reading Six Billion Secrets, I posted a "secret" on there with an email I set up just for people who were hurting, or needed a friend. Guess what? I got my first email yesterday from a girl named Alexandria. She was very hesitant at first, apologizing for even emailing me. But after my first response, she said that she was "kind of looking for a friend and someone to talk to". =D =D =D
Heck yeah! I'll be your friend!
Yes, I'll be careful. The internet can be a dangerous place (XD), but the thought that I could be just a little light in a dark room for Alex is amazing. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to reach just one person. And now I pray that He will use me effectively in her life. Your prayers would be muchly appreciated!
See? Love in action doesn't even mean face to face. Take a step of faith. It's crazy how simple it all becomes when you choose to just love.

So you all you out there who are reading this, I love you.
Never forget it.

Be Well!
-Rae

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks