Thursday, September 9, 2010

Time and Time Again

Well, before I do my post about healthy spices, I thought I'd do a post about my health issues *cringe*
As I said this morning, I went to the doctor. I had my blood drawn today, with only one stick in the arm. But that was the only good news today.
What I heard was far worse.

I now have such severe, tender, and sharp pain in my abdomen, back, and right side, that my doctor has prescribed a narcotic. As I mentioned before, he does not like prescription drugs. But he seemed almost eager to give this to me, as he's never seen me flinch and give as many stifled moans of pain when he's done his physical examination. More good news? He says I also probably have a kidney stone.
So, before I left his office today I received a CAT scan. It made me feel more nauseous than I already was, and pretty dizzy. But that's nothing new.

I have to see him in 5 days. He was worried, and moved my neurological and spinal conductivity test to tuesday, then he wants to see me about my pain, and then set me up for IV drip therapy, using a cocktail of drugs, nutrients, fluids, and vitamins to try and keep me stable, especially since I still can't eat.

Oh! And did I mention that on Tuesday I also have to have a bunch more blood work done? I really am the hardest patient in Dr. Fetter's practice. Everyone there knows me, or at least knows about me. It's kind of funny, actually.
One of the nurses has black hair that half mohalked in the back, and then side swept in the front with a purple stripe. It's amazing XD

So, once I got home today and told y dad about the developments, he roared "What?!" and then went on about how messed up the situation is. Yes. Thank you dad. I know. *sigh*

But an encouraging call from Daniel, who's pretty much like my older brother, helped cheer me up. After our conversation, I called Ellie , planning to leave an encouraging voice message on her phone that she could listen to when she got out of class. But right in the middle of the message she called me, so we actually got to talk with each other for a few minutes! YAY!
She's not doing as well as either of us would have hoped, physically. They think she might have syncope like me, and she's having to come back to Indy for some more testing tomorrow. :( It makes me sad just to think about it. I hate to see her hurting!
I more often ask "Why, Lord?" in cases of my friends having issues than with me. But, again, I know it's all in the Lords hands.
The song "Blessed be Your Name" comes to mind in cases like this.
And so, today, I'm striving to not give up and break down....which I am close to doing right now.
I'm unable to go to The Rock tonight, but Daniel said he'd ask them all for prayers for me. 45 people praying is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! =P Prayer can do wonders!

I'm also teaching in less than an hour. I was going to cancel today because I'm barely able to move without shaking and collapsing. But I'm going to have to skip out on Latin class and cancel teaching on Tuesday, as most of the day will be taken up with the neurological testing, IV therapy, and doctor visit(s). Feeling bad or not, my class deserves all the time I can give.

Anyway.
I'll post tonight about those spices, if I feel cognisant enough to type.
I love you all, and will pray that your days and nights go far better than my own, at least physically. Remember to put your trust in Him today, and to spend time in the Word. It will definitely help you have a positive attitude, and most importantly, HOPE.

Also, if you are insterested in any of my music mixes, many of which I use to bolster my spirits and start my morning off with some extended worship time, let me know! I'll be happy to provide some =D

Be Well!
-Rae <3 <3 <3

4 comments:

danfanmac said...

Gah....u mentioned me in your blog again....oh, well...:D Glad to have been an encouragement...

Rae Hitchings said...

Yes I did, oh "older brother"! ^_^
Do you really not want me to mention you at all?

Áine said...

Hello! Thought I might say hi back to you, seeing as you've been nice enough to comment on my last couple of posts. You seem to be sickish, dude -that's not good! Love your blog though - it's funny and the music mixes sound awesome! :)
Feel better - Áine (all the way from Ireland xD)

Rae Hitchings said...

Hey! Yeah...I'm sickish :P Have been for 2 1/2 years. But that doesn't stop my humor or happiness from being generally infectious! :P

Glad you like my blog. I'm working towards that end XD
I think I'll try and upload my Indie mix for ya'll. I think you'd like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks