Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today.......*glare*...Just lovely

Today won't be my day either, I'm guessing. But maybe once I actually wake up, read my quiet time, and listen to some worship songs, I'll be a bit more optimistic.
But let me tell you why.
I just found out that Where I was going to wake up at 9:00 this morning for a 10:00 doctor's appointment, my mum wakes me at 8:30 telling me the doctor had to change my appointment to 9 freaking o'clock....yeah. Half an hour. PLUS, he was having me do a complete fluid workup again. His reasoning? I haven't been eating, so the fast shouldn't have been a problem! Well, bucko, I'm not supposed to drink fluids, either, and I was up till 2:30 this morning chugging away on a gatorade and copious amounts of water. Still. He wants it, he gets it! I just hope the two to three vials of blood they need don't cause issues like the multiple sticking of poor old me, or worse, the needle being held by a grouchy nurse. That's all I need. Because right now, I'm a bit of a grouchy patient. Oh. And it's a good thing I keep two extra bags of sterile collection bottles and syringes, or you'd me out of luck, mister. Yeesh

So, once the Bio101 fluid testing is done, I have to wait about 15 to 20 minutes to actually get a nurse to take me back to the room, then usually sit there for another 10 to 15 minutes before he actually shows up in the room. I like my doctor and all, but this yo-yoing of my treatments and "do this, don't do this....do this again" is really irking me.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling crappy,have to miss my bible study and major social night with lots of hugs and friends and good teachings tonight because of my health issues.
Gah!

...........*deep breath*.
Alright, alright. There I go again. Griping away at my situation *Sigh* I'm sorry. Forgive me. I'm still working on the whole "Giving it over to God without questions", you know? But, right now, it's not so much of a question of "why" as a statement of "Crap....are you sure you doofus's know what the heck you're doing?"
Yes. I have recommended my doctor to other people.
Yes, I still would.
But...know that I am not a good example of anyone's doctoring abilities. I baffle them all *rolls eyes*....unfortunately.
So now I'm going to flip on a bit of my "Be Happy" music playlists (should I post any of them for you all? You want to hear any of my dance, indie, worship, or encouragement/be happy mixes? Huh...never thought about that), maybe do a half-hearted, grouchy jig to some Indie music (even that thought makes me smile), and haul myself off to the blasted doctor's to see what else is wrong with me.

I'll post again later when I have more time.
On today's agenda: The first post in a series of posts about health, questions you all may have about the health benefits of foods, spices, herbs, and plants, and anything else interesting, that you want to know, or that I want you to know :P
Post one is: Health in Focus - One: Spice
 If you have anything you would like me to review, a tea perhaps, or your favorite herbs in food (such as basil, mint, oregano, etc...), or anything else, let me know. My passion and hobby of Herbology and natural medicine serves me well here, as does my fast library of book resources sitting in shelves in room.

So. Carry on while I'm gone getting stuck with needles, poked and prodded, and weighed like a piece of meat.
I'll try to get a better attitude.
*yawn*
Four hours of sleep can start you off to a bad day already.


Miss Grumpy out...

3 comments:

Calandreya said...

*big big, but gentle, hugs*

Mizz Ali said...

I hated it when I was in the hosptial, all they ever do is prick and prodd and squeeze and pick...aah!!

Hope everything comes back ok :)

carlinuxlearner said...

"should I post any of them for you all? "
yes! Post a happy mix :) I love happy music.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks