Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life and Love

Hooray! I actually was able to sleep last night!
That's good news! My conditions gets more acute, painful and erratic when I don't sleep, which is what happened two nights ago.
I've stayed holed up in my room sleeping, resting, and chilling, for the majority of the day, and it seems that that's what my body needed. Still. I did conduct a few forays into the rest of the house, played some with my brother Michael, and admired the supercharched mustang my dad just bought Matt for his first car. It's a beauty, let me tell ya!

Tomorrow I'm having another IV therapy, and then I tutor in the afternoon. Friday I'm hoping to go over and see Molly, maybe even going to a Sacred Irish concert with her, where the choir perform old irish hymns. It's Irish. It's a concert. And it's with my beautiful Molly. So what's not to like? =D
I'm just hoping I feel well enough to go. So you can pray about that for me!

*Note: Bits of randomness are to follow =P


I trimmed my hair recently, and it dries into the natural choppy wave that I wanted, without any hair products. It's awesome. My mum just says I need to actually vacuum the bathroom when I finish cutting my hair, though. I guess I left behind more of a mess than I realized XD
*clears throat*
Ahem...haha.

Anyway. Back to today. I have some good news! My brother Matt came up to me wanting to spend some time with me (He's only just started doing that, and I'm loving it). He then bemoaned the fact that I didn't "have time" and just went back into my room. It was just bad timing, I tell you! My pain meds were wearing off, and a viscious pain flair and just kicked in. I was curled up and contorted for hours...and it wasn't fun. I had to apologize for snapping at him. Matt is [thankfully] understanding enough to just say "I'm sorry" and not get offended. I love my brother. Actually, I love BOTH my brothers =P. They really are blessings to me, despite them being, well, boys. *grin* Matt's becoming more sensitive and understanding, and Michael's been quite protective and caring. In other words, they're growing up, and I'm getting the positive benefits of it!

Now, some thoughts have been on my mind today, meaning I have something I want to mention here, and challenge you. What I want oyou to think about right now is love. Yes, I know. It's a favorite topic of mine, and I assure you, one that I will be bringing up more often than not. But today, I was told this, and encouraged down a slightly different path than just "love people". The saying was, "That the greatest happiness in life is knowing that you are loved for who you are, and sometimes in spite of who you are. Give this happiness to your family, to your friends, to your neighbors."

Do you have at least one, if not two or more good friends, that love you no matter what? That give you the sense of belonging, and the feeling that no matter what happens, what occurs, or what is revealed to them about your deepest thoughts, past wrongdoings, or future plans, that they will still truly LOVE you?
That's what I shoot for in my relationships. In fact, it's usually a stronger friendship and love between relatives, friends, neighbors, etc..., when the people have been through something hard, or have revealed a flaw. That vulnerability implies trust...and trust is something we all need for a relationship to last.

So, try to find, recognize, remember, and cherish those people in your life that you can really trust. Then, show them how much you actually care, how much you actually love them. Say it face to face, or in a letter, or with a gift and a look in your eyes that says "You mean the world to me"...or all three of them, for that matter.
Those simple gestures have much more significance than most people give them credit for.

To those of you out there who know me, you also know that Me=My Love. Don't forget that.
Now go show someone love today! And make it your goal to do something memorable for that significant other (or others) before the week is out. It'll be worth it, I promise.

Be Well!
-Rae

5 comments:

Oddyoddyo13 said...

LoL! Bring on the randomness-I'm all for it.

Sorry I haven't commented the last couple of posts, I couldn't figure out how to get you onto my dashboard! But no worries, all is well, a little guessing here, a random button push there and we're good!

Rae Hitchings said...

haha :) I'm glad you wanted me on your dashboard ^_^
And it's ok that you didn't. I don't comment on every post of every blog I read either. =P

Amy said...

I really liked this post! And I wrote a letter to my brother about him always being there for me. Glad that I found someone who likes their brother's company like me.

Have a good day!

Mizz Ali said...

I try to find friends that won't make me feel bad about myself. Recently, I've found a new friend who is not as 'perfect' as my others. By 'perfect' I mean that she is funny, clumsy, a bit shy, not one of those superficial types, and in other words, a perfect friend for me.

My best friend, whom I don't see often, is the bestest truest amazingest (sorry for the bad english!) friend ever :)

I would type more but I have to go!!

Mizz Ali said...

I try to find friends that won't make me feel bad about myself. Recently, I've found a new friend who is not as 'perfect' as my others. By 'perfect' I mean that she is funny, clumsy, a bit shy, not one of those superficial types, and in other words, a perfect friend for me.

My best friend, whom I don't see often, is the bestest truest amazingest (sorry for the bad english!) friend ever :)

I would type more but I have to go!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks