Sunday, October 17, 2010

Moving #1: Packing

So, Saturday, the Wells family came over to our house to help move all our furniture, box up all the plates, gasses, and everything else in our cupboards, empty drawers, take down pictures and paintings, shift bookcases, etc...to prepare for the house makeover commencing Monday morning. Me? Well, I was down for the count for most of the day. My energy is almost nill at this point, so the stairs are a calculated effort. But, I did manage to make a nice long...long...slightly long list of the things I need to pack for the two+ weeks we will be out of the house.
I will be staying with with some family friends, the Crockers. Molly's family. My synonym. My sister. My friend. Or Blondie if you prefer*grin*. It should be fun =) I'm looking forward to staying with her, although it will be quite rough on me to be out of my house, around other people, and on a different schedule. I'm just praying that I survive physically. Hear that, God? Yes, thank you! ^_^

Now I'm left with actually doing the packing. *chuckle* The clothes are sitting on standby. The medications are lined up on my headboard. My suitcase and various bags are open and awaiting their allotted accoutrement.
So, I will turn up my Fiona Apple, Imogen Heap, Florence + the Machine, and maybe even some Electric Light Orchestra while I try and do something truly productive.

Oh! And since my old-old phone had been acting up as of late, and my mum wants reliable communication with me, her sick daughter, living at someone else's house for two weeks, I had my purple Motorola Rival slider phone activated. Yay! That makes me happy too. A new place of residence. A "new" phone. A new routine. A new treatment plan. And, eventually, "new" house. Maybe we can throw in a few new and improved diagnosis: as in, "you're not really as sick as we told you! You were just in a double blind psychological test that you passed admirably! You'll be well by the end of the week!" Or maybe not. But hey! I can dream! And I can make even government funded, double blind, illegal psych "the world is your laboratory" testing sound positive and desirable! XD haha

Okay. So I had better get to packing, or this post will really be just a procrastination tool. I have trouble doing things before the absolute, final deadline. And that deadline is doing it all Sunday afternoon =P Hey! Maybe I'll be in a "new" anti-Major Procrastinator mood!...or not. *laugh*

I'll update you guys Sunday afternoon as to how the packing is truly coming.
I may even make a major effort to go to church tomorrow...but that may mess up my first two days in a new environment, which would not be good. I'll think and pray about that one.

So. Who's seen the newest Fringe episode: "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?"?

Be Well!
-Rae

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Grey Floral ©  Copyright by Musings of an Avid Thinker | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks